Thursday, March 18, 2010
True Friendship !!
We have many perceptions of what a friend should or should not do.Sometimes our expectations lead to huge disappointments.When we have a true friend there should not be conditions on that friendship.For example I don't have friends for reasons of what they can or will do for me.When we do for one another it should be from the heart not from feeling of obligation.Also we should never feel if a person says no that the issue defines the friendship.What does make a true friend?To me that person is around no matter what,good times or bad times.A listening ear,a shoulder to lean on.All around I am the same to that person.Just because you feel you would do something for a friend and they don't or won't do it for you, doesn't mean they aren't your friend.They are not you.Don't expect to be treated by someone the same as you do them.Let every person have their own standard of living.Sometimes when we expect little we receive alot.We have to be examples to the children.Question:Who will help those that can't help themselves?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A friend to me is one that is always there no matter what, listens to all the bad things happening in your life as well as the good. And who never judges you, no matter the wrong you done. And who laughs with you, not at you.
ReplyDeleteThomas Curie II
Friends....when I was young my mom told me when you grow up you will only have 1 or 2 true friends...I am 40 now and I have found this to be true...I have 2 true friends out of 40 years of life...amazing! Christine
ReplyDeleteChristine, I have to agree with you. I grew up with a guy named Robert Mercer, we are closer then brothers, we knew each other in Jr. high, and here it is almost 30 years later, and we still talk to each other. When I was in the hospital, he was the first one there, when he was in the hospital, I was there as fast as I could. His mom passed away, she was like a second mother to me and it felt like I lost her as well. And I like to thank facebook for bring all my old friends back again.
ReplyDeleteThomas Curie II