Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Parent Protection,what do you do?
I was talking with a friend and she was telling me of her situation.I said this is the place I hope we can come and discuss issues,give input and work on solutions.As a parent the process of protecting our children does not reach an age limit.I told my friend I was making the conversation my next blog.Her Daughter is of legal age to be on her own.She has a boyfriend that is controlling and he sells drugs.There is a child in the picture also,her grandson.Now we know the safety of the child is at the top of the list.Her daughter is doing what she is told by this BAD GUY in her life.I say bad because one he is endangering the child and two no one should try and control another person.What do you do as a loving concerned parent besides add it to your prayers,You don't want the grandson to fall to tradgedy.A child can eat drugs dropped by accident [God forbid],a situation of conflict could cause the child to be hurt or even killed [like if someone came to Rob the dealer].You also don't want the grandson taken a put in state custody. Now if your child is listening to the boyfriend and you aren't even allowed to see the child or grandson,I want some input on what is the next step you take. What do you do now to communicate with your child,what do you say to make them listen where it is understanding and not taken as criticism?We never stop protecting our children no mater how old.But we must understand how to continue to have open communication no matter what the Age. Question: Who will help those that can't help themselves?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Our children now days most not listen if they are in a bad relationship. All they see is their love for who they are with no matter what and how bad things are. Alot not think of how it affects their familes Parents that love their children will protect them and love them no matter how things are.We can only give advice to them and let them know that no matter how bad thigns are we will be there to pick up pieces and hold them to assure them that there is a better life out there and that they not need to be in a relationship of fear and endanger themself or their children and take that risk and lose alot.. To the person that is going through all you can do is pray and ask God to guide you in right path to be there and assure your daughter what she is doing is wrong and that for the safety od her son she should get out before worse comes of things and take a firm stand and let the boyfriend know she not need him , that she can survive that there is someone out there that will love her for her and take and love her son .. God i pray with you and family that she will come to her senses before she or her son is hurt. To your daughter please i ask that you think of your child and self and get out of that relationship and ask God to guide you right path May you and your family be blessed.I do hope you will listen to me and others and get out before something happens to you or your child.One has to help themselves before others can help them
ReplyDeletewell unfortunately they aren't going to listen. I know that this is not a comforting thing to hear, but I was caught up in a situation like this, but I was the daughter. My parents totally hated my boyfriend, I of course 'loved' him and hated them for it. We dated for 2 years and eventually broke up about a year ago after realizing he was not good for me. Last November, unfortunately I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I got sexually assaulted by the same guy I had once thought I trusted, and 'loved'. We talked to the sheriffs department 2 days after it had happened because my parents were out of town. We went through all types of investigation and after that in January of this year he took a lie detector test and passed so he was not put in jail. I wish I would've listened to my parents. They're great people and only want what is best for me. Now I have to live with seeing him everyday at public places with the cops doing absolutely nothing about it. All I want to say is that if your parents genuinely do not like this guy, then he is NOT who you should be around. Especially with their grandchild. I want to speak out because this basically happened to me. I got taken out of school my senior year because of this.....the stress, anxiety, and heartache is so fun either....
ReplyDeleteMany will say it is up to the daughter.We must take a stand.Not only for the daughter but especially for the grandchild.Give the option to make a change in the home,and say if not I am coming to get my grandchild.You may not want to but if you have to get the law involved.Save the child at all cost.Even if nothing bad happens now, it could affect the child later.Children do what they see us do.
ReplyDeleteIf you planted the right seeds as your daughter was growing up she will eventually figure it out. You could report the guy to the police but you may lose your daughter and grandchild in the process. My suggestion is to stay close to the situation and try to be more involved in your grandchilds life. Ask if you can keep the kid for a weekend. Open up the lines of communication with your daughter. Help her become more independent of the guy by getting a job or going back to school. This way she will be exposed to more people doing positive things.
ReplyDelete